Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Takoyaki Part II

Making takoyaki again (see previous post The Takoyaking), but this time without my mom's help. I panicked when I couldn't find any octopus at the Galleria but eventually did get a hold of some frozen octopuses at a nearby Asian supermarket. (5 euros for a kilo, not bad at all!) The problem was, these ones weren't washed and boiled and prepared like the previous ones, so we had to do some google research on how one goes about boiling and preparing octopus. We had some squishy slimy fun.


Sorry for the bad quality, was in a bit of a hurry to get some things done.

6 comments:

  1. Awesome! It reminds of my girlfriend and I doing home-made corn and wheat tortillas here in Hong Kong. In Mexico you can buy them everywhere, but here you can only get those sticky-and-artificial American wheat-flour tortillas which are crazily expensive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Homemade tortillas! YUM! That sounds amazing. It's sometimes still a little tricky to find the stores that sell the right ingredients to make Japanese food outside of Japan, but I bet it's a lot easier now than it used to be 20, even 10 years ago. (In big cities, anyway.) I'm so thankful for that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the "Ack!"-moment! And wow, G's not afraid to touch raw octopi and cook them. That's quite rare. O_O You forgot one thing though; did they work in the takoyaki? Sounds like it was a whole hassle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, I'll pat G on the back for that! :) And yes, it did work out okay in the end. It was a bit of a hassle, but definitely worth the 80? or so takoyaki we made. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this one Noz! And yes, it was definitely worth it (at least from my sit-by-and-guzzle point of view!)

    ReplyDelete