Monday, March 26, 2012

Cavewoman



All Japanese cell phones, no matter how shitty they are, come with their own email addresses, and a lot of Japanese people use their cell phone email as their main email address. (SMS is virtually useless in Japan.) It was super-convenient but I mostly ended up hating it because my work would email me 24/7 and expect me to write back instantaneously because I couldn't use the old "I was away from my computer all day" excuse. And no one (no one!) leaves their cell phone at home. I hated being superconnected all the time and I'm so happy to be in a country where it's pretty normal to have a shitty pay-as-you-go Nokia that can text and call for 9 cents a minute.

5 comments:

  1. Gonna give it another try... may be this time it'll work! As it didn't work with chrome, I'm using Mozilla this time...
    LOVE your new heading :D Was nice seeing you! LG (K)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yuhuuuuuuuuuu!!!!!!!! It actually worked from here!!! So from now on I'll have to post from Mozilla hehehehehe!!! Have a nice day, tschüssi! (K)

    ReplyDelete
  3. IT WOOOOOORKED! WHOOOOOOP!! Thanks K!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ach, I was always jealous of the system, but you've got a good point there... it would also be an excuse to not instantaneously reply to my parents (they already worry if I don't reply within a few hours).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, it's definitely awesome and awful at the same time. I really want a fancy phone....but I think I'll hold off for a while! :P

    ReplyDelete