Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Soy Sauce Face VS Sauce Face

nb. The term "sauce" in Japanese generally refers to a thick, brown Japanese-style Worcestershire sauce.



Source: ソース顔、しょうゆ顔 

And then I looked up what famous Japanese people represent team Shoyu and team Sauce.

Team Soy Sauce: actor Tadanobu Asano (Ichi the Killer,  Thor)
Team Sauce: actor Hiroshi Abe (Once in a Blue Moon)
I don't know what the point of all this was, but yes. I think I get it now.

On a more serious note, my first portfolio deadline is within a week. Still my first school (and one of the hardest to get into) this year so I'm not exactly holding my breath...

But I'd better get back to work.

Gah.

5 comments:

  1. I have NEVER heard those references, but then again someone could have made reference and I wouldn't have caught on. My Japanese is so poor. Boo. I'm gonna ask my parents.

    You're sauce face? Hum. Food for thought, anyway.

    My parents are Okinawan so I'm almost sauce face by default, I think. Not sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, weird, isn't it! I heard it from time to time but had never really looked it up...And yes. You're probably sauce as well, according to the description! haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was an immensely useful page to find. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, just helped me in a Yakuza 0 (PS4) quest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too.
      Thanks for the explaination.

      Delete