Sunday, January 22, 2012

Bonsai and Tights

(Literal) Bonsai news! My friend Jikki sent me an awesome build-it-yourself bonsai calender for the year 2012 and I couldn't resist putting it up on my blog. Thank you J!

She brought me bonsai! (har har)

But yes. Went running today to escape the hectic hubbub at home (my parents are packing for their trip to Japan). I always feel a little bit self-conscious when I wear my running tights . . . but they're stretchy and comfortable and warm.


Yes. Go ahead and make fun of me.

5 comments:

  1. Oh my god, I started running last week, and I already: 1) run with my ipod (i'm using an app to help me build up stamina,and keep me motivated) < that's twatish enough already.
    2) wear sweatpants and converse < if it's good enough for Rocky, it's good enough for me. Right? RIGHT?
    3) hate on people walking in my path< also normal?

    I'm a lost case.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's an app to build up stamina? I don't have an ipod/iphone/ianything (though I have a macbook) but that sounds intriguing! And I totally hate on people in my way (and then I try to pass them fast and get tired). Totally. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's great. It talks to you (and it runs in the background whilst you listen to music) saying stuff like: run now, your next run is 1.5 minutes." or "you have 45 seconds left". and the program gets a bit harder each week. so slowly slowly you get used to it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, fancy! That sounds really cool. I don't have a cool app like that... but I was lucky enough to have G keep encouraging me with food. "Come on, if you finish this run without walking, we'll have pancakes!" Speaking of which, they should make an app like that. "1 more kilometer and it's pancake time!" HAHAHA.

    ReplyDelete