Thursday, January 19, 2012

Assholes Cover

Been very productive today. Finished putting together and creating the cover for my Asshole series. Assholes #3 and #5 ended up being personal and actually not very interesting, so I won't be posting them here, but they are included in the booklet.

Just in case you haven't read them yet, here are Asshole #1, Asshole #2, and Asshole #4.

I'm not 100% satisfied with the stories, but I like the cover. I'm just afraid there's too much black/white/grey in my portfolio. I think it's time to go buy some coloured construction paper.

Assholes: world edition. (well, the only edition)

Asshole.

Took me forever to cut the super-simplified world map out without tearing it!

*peek*
My mom saw my booklet-in-process yesterday and said, "Asshole? What do you mean, asshole? Did you write about the anus?"

Right. Moving right along.

6 comments:

  1. Woah,this and also the last cover looks so great,I really like the design (especially the backside haha) :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks N! :D Let's hope people at the schools like it too... (urk)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sanks! Literal backside. Har har har!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i liked the covers a lot! also the other one about bring me bonsai. The "in search of soil for my roots" thing was cool, I thought the bonsai name was random and you managed to give a good explanation to it...! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks! Actually, the name Bring Me Bonsai is really random (it's a reference to a Japanese voice-over of a scene in Monty Python and the Holy Grail...admitting to this makes me an official Monty Python NERD), but I sort of forced it to tie together with my portfolio theme. Bonsai is kind of cool because it's like a little world of its own, and it's portable . . . all that good stuff. I'm glad I didn't name it something more ludicrous and random that made it impossible to tie together with the other stuff. :)

    ReplyDelete